My first introduction to Kunle Afolayan was his lead role as Aresejabata in the political satire movie, by Tunde Kelani, Saworo Ide, and it’s sequel, Agogo Eewo. He has a strong resemblance to his late father, Ade Afolayan, popularly known as Ade Love. Ade Love was a theatre and film director who was Nollywood Royalty. Kunle has a lot of family members in Nollywood, including siblings, aunts, and uncles. He majored in economics and started out working in a bank while doing some casual acting, before deciding to move into full-time film-making. In pursuit of this, he took a course at the New York Film Academy. Since 2005, he has been active in the Nigerian film industry.
Kunle Afolayan is the CEO of Golden Effects Pictures, a Nigerian film and production company incorporated in 2005. He also runs a film academy where he teaches interested students the art of film-making. He has mostly pivoted from acting to production, and only makes cameo appearances in his movies. Below is a list of his top ten movies, most of which are on the streaming service, Netflix.
Top 10 Kunle Afolayan Movies
Below are the top Kunle Afolayan movies, listed with the year of release, and the names of his cameo characters.
- Anikulapo (2022), as Akano
- A Naija Christmas (2021)
- Swallow (2021), as Pastor Fred
- Ayinla (2021), as Ajala
- Crazy People (2018)
- The Bridge (2017), as Jiire
- Roti (2017), as KB
- Dazzling Mirage (2014), as Dotun
- October 1 (2014), as Agbekoya
- Phone Swap (2012), as Recharge Card Vendor
- Farayola (2009), as Ifetayo
- The Figurine (2009), as Sola
- Onitemi (2007)
- Èjiwòrò (2006), as Funsho
- Irapada (2006), as Dewunmi
- Ti Ala Ba Ku (2005)
- Agogo èèwò (2002), as Aresejabata
- Saworo Ide (1999), as Aresejabata
Join Our Tribe on Twitter: For updates on new Nollywood movie reviews, cinema reviews, and Nigerian movie personalities, join our tribe on Twitter @NollyRated.